How do I set a date when a task should start?
Autopilot allows you to set dates on the tasks you create.
A Start date will specify when the user should start working on a task. To set a start date on a process, you will need to access the setup page of Autopilot.
To access the Setup Lander, view: How do I access a process I want to Edit
- To set a start date on a process, select the process you want to add a start date to.
N.B - Start dates are to be set on each step of the process flow. i.e. stipulating when each step of the process should begin. (This is optional on each step)
- Click on Flow to access the steps to the process.
- Click on the Calendar Icon to set up the start dates.
Date Settings Options
- General Settings - refers to general rules settings for dates such as:
*Ensure that the calculated date falls on a working day
*Set the date to an earlier date if the calculated date falls on a non working day
*Recalculate the days when a change is requested to a workflow (to learn how to request a change to a task, see: How do I use the "Request a change" Functionality? )
*Recalculate the days when a task is re-assigned to a new user
- Start date calculation - allows you to set the start date to this step in the flow. i.e when the task step should be started
- Due date calculation - see How do I set due dates on tasks I create?
Setting the start date
- Expand on 'START DATE CALCULATION'
- Expand the 'Use the following Calculation type' drop down box to view the start date calculation options available.
Don't Default - does not set any start date to a task Immediately - sets the task's start date to start immediately i.e. the date of creation. A number of days after a date - Set how many days AFTER a specific date the task should be started (See settings below) A number of working days after a date - Set how many WORKING days AFTER a specific date the task should be started (See settings below) A number if days before a date - Set how many days BEFORE a specific date the task should be started (See settings below) A number of working days before a date - Set how many WORKING days BEFORE a specific date the task should be started (See settings below) On the same day every month - will default the start date to a specific day in a month that the task should be started. The same as a form field date value - allows the start date to be a date captured as a field on the form.
Setting a number of Days /Working Days Before/After a Date
If the Start date calculation type is any of the following options:
*A number of days after a date
*A number of working days after a date
*A number if days before a date
*A number of working days before a date
You will be required to:
- Select a 'Start calculating the date from' option
- The date the task is created - start calculating the date from the date the task has been created
- Last day of current month - uses the last day of the month and starts calculating the date from the last day of the month
- First day of next month - starts calculating the start date from the first day of the next month from now.
- A value captured in the form - starts calculating the date based on a date set on the form in process.
- Select how many days you adding by selecting 'Add/subtract the following number of days'
- A fixed value -will allow you to add how many days you want to add to the option selected above
- A value captured on the form - will use a value that was entered on the form to calculate the number of days to add on.
- Enter the number of days you want to add to a date selected above. 'The number of days to add/subtract'
- If you selected A fixed value above, then enter the number of days you want to add to the date to start calculating
- Click on Save to save the changes made.