How do I set due dates on tasks I create?
Autopilot allows you to set dates on the tasks you create.
A Due date will specify when the user should complete working on a task. To set a due date on a process, you will need to access the setup page of Autopilot.
To access the Setup Lander, view: How do I access a process I want to Edit
- To set a due date on a process, select the process you want to add a due date to.
N.B - Due dates are to be set on each step of the process flow. i.e. stipulating when each step of the process should be completed by. (This is optional on each step)
- Click on Flow to access the steps to the process.
- Click on the Calendar Icon to set up the due dates.
Date Settings Options
- General Settings - refers to general rules settings for dates such as:
*Ensure that the calculated date falls on a working day
*Set the date to an earlier date if the calculated date falls on a non working day
*Recalculate the days when a change is requested to a workflow (to learn how to request a change to a task, see: How do I use the "Request a change" Functionality? )
*Recalculate the days when a task is re-assigned to a new user
- Start date calculation - see How do I set a date when a task should start?
- Due date calculation - allows you to set the due date to this step in the flow. i.e. when this task step should be completed by
Setting the start date
- Expand on 'DUE DATE CALCULATION'
- Expand the 'Use the following Calculation type' drop down box to view the start date calculation options available.
Don't Default - does not set any due date to a task Immediately - sets the task's due date to be due immediately i.e. the date of creation. A number of days after a date - Set how many days AFTER a specific date the task should be due by (See settings below) A number of working days after a date - Set how many WORKING days AFTER a specific date the task should be due by (See settings below) A number if days before a date - Set how many days BEFORE a specific date the task should be due by(See settings below) A number of working days before a date - Set how many WORKING days BEFORE a specific date the task should be due by (See settings below) On the same day every month - will default the due date to a specific day in a month that the task should be due by. The same as a form field date value - allows the due date to be a date captured as a field on the form.
Setting a number of Days /Working Days Before/After a Date
If the Due date calculation type is any of the following options:
*A number of days after a date
*A number of working days after a date
*A number if days before a date
*A number of working days before a date
You will be required to:
- Select a 'Start calculating the date from' option
- The date the task is created - start calculating the date from the date the task has been created
- Last day of current month - uses the last day of the month and starts calculating the date from the last day of the month
- First day of next month - starts calculating the start date from the first day of the next month from now.
- A value captured in the form - starts calculating the date based on a date set on the form in process.
- Select how many days you adding by selecting 'Add/subtract the following number of days'
- A fixed value -will allow you to add how many days you want to add to the option selected above
- A value captured on the form - will use a value that was entered on the form to calculate the number of days to add on.
- Enter the number of days you want to add to a date selected above. 'The number of days to add/subtract'
- If you selected A fixed value above, then enter the number of days you want to add to the date to start calculating
- Click on Save to save the changes made.