How do I dynamically populate a participant field, based on a selection in another field?
In this scenario, we want to populate the Head of Department field based on the Department chosen from the Department dropdown list. The same procedure will follow for any list and field.
Formula: form.utils.UpdateParticipantFromProperty("headofdepartment", item, "Email") - The colored text requires to be custom
- headofdepartment - the field name of the Head of Department Participant. This will change accordingly (Shown in Step 1 below)
- item - the list where the data is being read from. THIS DOES NOT CHANGE.
- Email - The list column's field key that stores the email address of the participant (As shown in step 2)
Step 1: Get the Participant Field Key
Step 2: Master Data - Get the list column's field key
Ensure the email address of the participant is a column in the master data list being used.
- Click on Edit list on the bottom of the master data list.
- Copy the field key displayed for the EMAIL list item to be used in the formula.
Step 3: Add formula to a Field
The formula will be linked to the field that is linked to the master data list. In this case, it would be the Department field. (Based on department, the Head of Department participant would be generated)
Click on the settings icon on the field.